Gen Z Credit Aversion
SEPARATING FACT FROM FICTION
Gen Z’s financial future is impossible to predict and far from defined.
We’ve pulled the curtain back to give financial institutions an up-close look at history’s most diverse and most educated generation. Our report, “Gen Zs Credit Averse? Hold That Thought.” dials in on the intricacies of this population, exploring their financial habits, credit usage, and more.
Intriguing Facts About Gen Z:*
- 57% have yet to even graduate from high school.
- Their current estimated spending power is $44B and could reach $60T.
- In 2022, 81% of Gen Z account holders will use mobile banking.
- Of those holding a student loan, 44% also have a credit card.
- From 2020 to 2021, their increase in credit usage was triple that of Baby Boomers.
- 44% of 14-25-year-olds will have used BNPL services by 2023.
*source information available in document