Note: To ensure that we have adequate time to review all submissions and still meet your needs, submit your application three to six months in advance of your deadline. Since we review quarterly, proposals may be submitted at any time. When submitting an application for continuing support, organizations must include information updating their activities since the last grant was awarded.
Guidelines for Submissions
All applications must include the standard grant application coversheet (Word or PDF) and be submitted electronically. Requests for grants must contain all of the information detailed below and be within 1-2 pages.
After completing your application, please email it to the Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should not include any additional supporting information such as videotapes/compact discs, financial reports, annual reports, or books. Zoot will notify you if your proposal has been approved, declined, or assigned for future review. Additional information that might be needed to complete your application will be requested at that time.
1. Grant Application Coversheet
Your proposal must include a completed grant application coversheet. Please note that only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Please limit your proposal to 2 pages and include the following information:
- Describe your organization
- Include your vision and mission statement.
- Briefly describe your organization’s history and major accomplishments.
- Describe your project or request
- What is the purpose of the project? What problems will it address?
- Describe the project’s organization and budget.
- Describe any other organizations working on the proposed project.
- Time period for which funds are requested.
- What other funding sources do you have?
Are there opportunities to use this grant for a matching gift?
- Describe the ways your project reflects Zoot’s Grant Committee Mission.
- Are there opportunities for participation available for Zoot employees?
If the grant request exceeds $500, please also include the following with your submission.
- A copy of the organization’s current tax exemption letter from the IRS and a copy of your most recent Form 990.
- List of your organization’s major sources of funding and funding amounts for the past two years (limit to top five).
- Documentation describing different sponsorship levels.
- A listing of your board of directors.